We are recruiting Immigration Officers to join our Immigration Compliance and Enforcement (ICE) team in Stranraer, South West Scotland. The closing date for applications is 23rd February.
These are exciting opportunities to develop a wide range of people and engagement skills in a job where you can make a real difference. We will provide full and comprehensive training that will enable you to carry out this worthwhile role, so no previous law enforcement experience is required.
Immigration Enforcement is responsible for enforcing the government’s immigration laws, tackling illegal migration and removing foreign national offenders and immigration offenders from the UK. Your day-to-day work is likely to include the following:
• Identifying, arresting, and detaining immigration offenders
• Protecting and safeguarding the vulnerable
• Engaging with communities and partner agencies
• Searching property and persons including collecting, preserving and recording evidence
• Conducting residential and commercial compliance & enforcement visits
• Gathering intelligence
• Responding to Clandestine and Common Travel Area threats at ports within the region
• Driving official vehicles
• Completing risk assessments
• Directing officers whilst on an enforcement visit and conducting Briefings/De-Briefings
• Writing reports and inputting data on internal systems and handheld devices
• Overseas and internal escorting may also be required on occasion
Watch the following video to find out more about the role of an Immigration Officer.
We offer starting salaries from £28,000 plus these other excellent benefits:
- An annual shift allowance, paid in addition to salary, of up to 30.36%, which equates to £8,582 per year.
- A secure career with opportunities for onward progression.
- An employer pension contribution averaging 27%.
- Excellent training and development.
£28,000 plus an annual shift allowance, paid in addition to salary, of up to 30.36%, which equates to £8,582 per year.
We are looking for people who:
- Can remain calm and professional even in emotionally charged and pressurised situations.
- Have the ability and confidence to be assertive, taking control of situations where necessary.
- Are naturally inquisitive and enjoy working as part of a team, in fast-paced and changing environments.
- Have an eye for detail and the ability to work within the confines of legislation, policy, and procedure.
- Are adaptable and flexible, with a strong sense of personal ethics and honesty.
- Are motivated by making a difference to society and the crucial frontline work that Immigration Enforcement carries out.
- These are demanding and physical roles, so you will need to be emotionally resilient, physically fit with a high level of mobility, and comfortable with working in challenging environments both inside and out.
- You will be fit enough to undertake the job, and to pass the intense Level 3 Personal Safety Training, where you will learn to protect yourself and others.
- Have sound people and communication skills and thrive when working as part of a team.
- Are able to confidently manage potentially difficult and challenging situations, whilst maintaining professionalism and sensitivity.
- Are flexible, adaptable, and creative in solving problems, dealing with change and have a strong sense of personal integrity and honesty.
- Are committed to continuous self-improvement and seek out learning opportunities, to improve your own knowledge.
- Have full valid UK manual driving licence (not provisional).
For more information about the roles and to apply, please use the button below.