Immigration Enforcement (IE) is the operational arm of the Home Office responsible for reducing the size of the illegal population and the harm it causes. Its key missions are to:
- prevent illegal immigration through greater compliance with immigration laws;
- maximise returns of immigration offenders and Foreign National Offenders from the UK;
- tackle the threats associated with immigration offending.
We work with law enforcement and cross-government partners to tackle serious and organised immigration crime with a focus on bringing to justice those who exploit the vulnerable, for example cases of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Around 5,000 people work Immigration Enforcement in locations across the UK.
What you could be doing
Immigration Enforcement is made up of many different business areas, all working collaboratively to achieve the organisation’s aims. If you work for us, you could be:
- Targeting the gangs and criminals who support illegal immigration and exploit the vulnerable.
- Undertaking intelligence-led enforcement visits targeting high priority individuals.
- Facilitating returns of Foreign National Offenders
- Working with partners to encourage compliance with immigration laws
The benefits of working in Immigration Enforcement
Immigration Enforcement is committed to building its capability through developing its people.
We take a systematic approach to the career growth of our people to ensure there is a strong, diverse pipeline of future leaders and the right people ready for critical roles, now and in the future. This helps individuals define a career path, preparing them for future roles and helping them achieve their full potential.
There is an active and passionate network of leaders who are dedicated to increasing the employee voice and engagement within the organisation, ensuring all views are heard and that our work continues to learn from the Windrush review.
Reward and recognition programmes give our people the opportunity to recognise and reward their peers for the great things they do every day.
All of this contributes to our mission to be a great place to work.