The Home Office works to build a safe, fair and prosperous UK. We achieve this through our work on counter-terrorism, policing, fire, crime, drugs policy, immigration and passports.
We’re currently recruiting for 15 Senior Business Analysts to join our Digital, Data and Technology teams in Croydon, Manchester and Sheffield. You can learn more about these roles, including how to apply, below.
Home Office Digital, Data and Technology designs, builds and develops the services that enable the department to achieve its goals, from helping people apply for visas to supporting policing and counter-terrorism operations through to protecting the UK’s borders.
What do our Business Analysts do?
Home Office Business Analysts ensure projects are designed and set up to deliver the outcomes and service envisaged. Part of this involves collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand their perspectives and to identify potential problems which may impact their work. It’s also about analysing the current and planned business models and mapping the journey between them to ensure the service is delivered smoothly and effectively against the requirements. A lot of this work is about managing change well.
You’ll get to work with fantastic people and have a major impact on some of the most critical systems and services in the UK in a high-profile area attracting huge interest from ministers, wider government, the media and the public. You could find yourself working with Border Force officers to help digitise paper processes and improve customer experience or helping Immigration and Enforcement teams make greater use of data to support their work.
To speak to a recruiter about these roles, please contact Natasha Martin
We offer competitive starting salaries – further details below – a Civil Service Pension with employer contribution rates of at least 26.6%, additional Recruitment and Retention allowances for candidates demonstrating exceptional skills and experience, as well as a range of other brilliant benefits including flexible working and 25 days annual leave on appointment, rising with service.
You will also be eligible to join our Business Analysis Profession which has a vibrant, enthusiastic community of peers, spanning several Home Office technology teams, other Government departments, and wider industry.
Senior Business Analyst Roles
National: £37,450 min-£41,193 max.
London: £41,950 min-£46,144 max.
This post is eligible for a DDaT Recruitment Retention Allowance up to £5,000.
A Senior Business Analyst will lead small to medium sized projects and will also be part of a team of analysts on larger, more complex projects, leading on specific epics/high level requirements. You will ensure outcomes are aligned with the service vision and business strategy by connecting the current and future business models and delivering towards achieving the business architecture strategy. You will also be involved in supporting and informing product iteration, evolution and optimisation.
You will build and manage effective stakeholder relationships internally and externally. You will challenge constructively and act as a critical voice to stakeholders and delivery colleagues in order to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose.
You will work independently and/or as part of a team and will have a good understanding of your own work area. You will help to advance the Business Analysis community through sharing of best practice and mentoring others.
Your main day to day responsibilities will be:
- investigating operational and business needs and problems and assisting in the recommendation of service improvement and business solutions
- understanding and defining the problem to be solved and ensuring strategic decision-making supports business outcomes as well as user needs
- eliciting, analysing and validating business requirements and user needs, as well as business strategy problems, in the most appropriate and effective manner and format
- collaborating with other professions within scope of the delivery to embed the Business Analysis role and value in the context of a project and multidisciplinary team
- planning and leading large areas of Business Analysis delivery, owning the challenge and driving through to conclusions
- creating acceptance criteria (often utilising the concept of Behavioural Driven Development) to allow your new service to be properly tested
- modelling processes/procedures using established techniques with understanding of their purpose and importance
- production of periodic performance measures to inform stakeholders and drive discussion around the required service
Please submit a CV and Personal Statement of up to 1,250 words, demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria detailed in the job advert. The initial sift will be carried out on this information.
The interview will consist of questions based on your experience and technical knowledge. You will also be asked to prepare a 10-minute presentation, details of which will be provided prior to the interview.
If you are interested in in a Senior Business Analyst role, please apply using the button below