The Home Office Product Management team is currently working on more than 500 products across high-profile business priorities including policing, borders, immigration, security and passports. These are products on a massive scale, with an impact on the everyday lives of millions of people. And it’s why we can say with some confidence that at the Home Office your work will matter more than ever before.
Product people in the Home Office work in agile, product-focused teams to deliver services. This way of working enables flexibility, but also supports interdisciplinary teams working to deliver shared outcomes.
What you could be doing
As a Product Manager you could be:
- Framing needs and setting priorities
- Looking at how to continuously improve a product
- Setting the vision and quality of the product being delivered
As a Product Owner you could be:
- Providing expert advice in your subject
- Influencing the business and being accountable for strategic direction
- Removing barriers to team delivery
As a Business Analyst you could be:
- Assessing the capabilities of a service
- Looking for business opportunities
- Seeking expertise from subject matter experts
As a Performance Analyst you could be:
- Identifying the different models for managing the PA profession
- Helping understand the pros and cons of different models
- Making informed recommendations
The benefits of working in a DDaT role at the Home Office
People in the DDaT profession team can apply for a Reward and Retention Allowance on top of their normal wages. This is comprised of three different levels based on professional proficiency.
All DDaT staff have access to paid-for learning platforms (including Pluralsight, O’Reilly and Cloud Academy) to help them develop or support them in their day-to-day roles. We also offer paid-for access to the British Computing Society (BCS), with industry standard recognition of competency in their field and the option to become chartered via BCS.
Our Career Framework features role descriptions, career pathways and rich and varied continuous professional development opportunities. There’s also role-specific learning, which is regularly updated by experts.
There are no current vacancies for this role. View all our current roles and apply